Importing a sample
If you have downloaded a sample to your computer, you can follow these steps to import it into the QNX Momentics IDE:
- Extract the sample zip file to a location on your hard drive.
- In the QNX Momentics IDE, on the File menu, click Import.
- Under the General folder, click Existing Projects into Workspace, then click Next.
- Next to Select root directory, click the Browse button and browse to the location where you extracted the sample. Click OK.
- In the Projects field, select the sample project you wish to import. If you want to keep the original files safe from any changes you make, make sure to select Copy projects into workspace.
- Click Finish.
The sample should now appear in the Project Explorer.
Build and run a sample
Once you have the sample project in your workspace, you can build and run the sample application. If you haven’t already done so, configure your environment for deployment before you continue.
- In the Project Explorer, right-click the project and click Build Configurations > Set Active and choose whether you want the application to run on a PlayBook tablet (Device-Release) or the PlayBook simulator (Simulator).
- Right-click the project and click Build Project.
- Right-click the project again and click Run As > BlackBerry Tablet OS C/C++ Application .
Once the application has downloaded to the PlayBook, it will start running and you can try it out.